Did you ever want to get to know the author behind these amazing books we read? Well, look no further! On today’s Author Chit Chat, it’s my honor to introduce Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke. You all have heard of Girl’s Night Out by now and let me tell you I loved every inch of that book. These two beauties sure do know how to capture a reader!
1) Congrats on your recent release! What inspired you to write Girl’s Night Out?
Thank you! We were inspired by our own long-term friendships. They are so layered and complicated, but so wonderful at the same time.
2) When you first saw the cover for Girl’s Night Out, what were your initial thoughts?
They had sent us three mock-ups. When we saw the one with the cenote, we instantly knew it was THE ONE.
3) If you could re-name your book title, whatwould you choose?
None! We came up with the name before we even started writing it, so we are very attached!
4) Did you always want to be writers or did you have other aspirations as well?
We both had other careers as we established ourselves as writers. Lisa, as a television talk show producer, and Liz in the pharmaceutical industry. Now we both write full-time.
5) I love your BFF dynamic, how long have you been friends and how did you meet?
We met our freshman year of high school, over thirty years ago! Lisa walked into Liz’s English class, and the rest is history! We also attended the same university and lived together. And joined the same sorority. And had the same major….
6) Did you two ever disagree on anything while writing this novel?
We did have some major problems while writing Girls’ Night Out, but not about the writing, per se. It was more about our dynamic as business partners and friends, and how that had evolved. We talk about the conflict in the acknowledgments section of the book.
7) Last but not least, do you have anything you’d like to say to your current and future readers?
Thank you so, so much for all your support! We are so grateful for each and every one of you!
THANK YOU SO MUCH LIZ AND LISA FOR THIS FANTASTIC INTERVIEW!
For more info on Liz and Lisa, follow their sites: