Did you ever want to get to know the author behind these amazing books we read? Well, look no further! On today’s Author Chit Chat, it’s my honor to introduce Kaira Rouda. Best Day Ever was released last year, but this year the paperback is out and we’re here celebrating her release! Everyone please give a warm welcome to Kaira….
1) Congrats on your recent paperback release! What inspired you to write Best Day Ever?
Thank you! BEST DAY EVER’s main character, Paul, popped into my head one day and demanded to have his story told. That’s literally how it happened, and I feel like I was along for the ride, so to speak. It was a fun book to write.
2) When you first saw the cover for Best Day Ever, what were your initial thoughts?
I loved the red envelope cover and I love the blue paperback cover. They’re both gorgeous, and tie into the story.
3) If you could re-name your book title, what would you choose?
The title popped into my head at the same time as Paul, the first-person narrator. I love the irony and I wouldn’t change a thing!
4) Did you always want to be a writer or did you have other aspirations as well?
For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a writer. It took me awhile to be able to do it full time, though, to have the confidence to go for it as a novelist. Along the way, there were four kids, many jobs, life and well, you know. Experiences add fuel to the writing fire and I thank all of the bad bosses of my past for giving Paul a voice and a point of view.
5) Out of the novels you’ve written, which one is your favorite and why?
That’s a tough one. My heart is close to both IN THE MIRROR, a poignant tale of a young mom fighting cancer, and THE GOODBYE YEAR, about a mom and son letting go during senior year in high school. That said, I love writing suspense, and exploring what goes on behind closed doors of seemingly perfect lives. I can’t wait for the Favorite Daughter to be out, May 21, 2019.
6) Tell us one unique thing about yourself, that you normally don’t share.
I love to hula hoop.
7) Last but not least, do you have anything you’d like to say to your current and future readers?
I’m so grateful to be able to have the career of my dreams. It’s because of the support of readers and bookstagrammers, bloggers and reviewers and Facebook fans. I pinch myself daily that this is all coming true. Thank you for reading my novels.
Thank you Kaira for taking the time out to do this interview!
For more info on Kaira, follow her sites: